The Great Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius
At the very end of 2020, we have a momentous conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius on the Winter Solstice this December 21, 2020. This will create a rare Christmas Star in the Heavens which hasn’t been seen for about 800 years. This is considered an exceptional conjunction because of the very close alignment which was last experienced in 1226.
The Great Conjunction occurs every 19 to 20 years when the social planets Saturn and Jupiter come together in the sky. This has been studied throughout the ages and has been found to herald important societal changes such as the rise and fall of important leaders.
This upcoming conjunction is significant because these planetary giants move from the heavy Capricorn Earth sign into the freedom-loving air sign Aquarius. Jupiter and Saturn have an 800 year cycle and spend about 200 years in each element. This conjunction signifies a big change as they now move into air where they will remain until December 20, 2159 when they move into water at 7 Scorpio.
What can we expect?
2020 has been exhausting and was launched by the powerful lineup of planets in heavy Capricorn on January 12th. At that time, Saturn, Pluto, Sun and Mercury were all together in Capricorn, heralding big change to the institutional foundations of our world. Pluto plows up the fields to prepare for the new planting, and in doing so, dredges up long-buried secrets and turns everything upside down. Pluto continues this major and permanent transformation until November 2024 when it finally moves into Aquarius.
What do we know about Aquarius?
My apologies to all Aquarians who may read this. The following description is not personal but more about what Aquarius represents on a global scale.
We know Aquarius is all about the mind. But it can also be radical, fanatical and revolutionary. Aquarius can be distant and aloof, better with groups than with the individual. Aquarius is visionary, values the intellect above all and is forward thinking, concerned about what is best for society rather than the individual. It is humanitarian, eccentric, the inventor, the thinker, coming up with crazy new ideas which will eventually become accepted with the passage of time.
What does this mean for us?
Things should speed up. Capricorn has been slow, heavy and serious and now we move into faster-moving airy Aquarius. Expect to see an increase in altruism, inventions and innovations. Things we can’t imagine now will be developed.
There may be an increase in revolutionary and fanatical behavior. The strong focus on the physical, which has been in place for the past 200 years, should now begin to diminish and we will be more concerned about our thoughts and energetic connections. We may look to the skies for space travel and consider the possibility of alien life. Since Aquarius is air, everything about air will be emphasized, air travel even the air we breathe.
Saturn Square Uranus – Clash of the Giants
Restrictive time-keeper Saturn in Aquarius will be conjunct erratic Uranus in Taurus three times in 2021, creating the opportunity for more change.
While Uranus stays in Earthy Taurus until 2026, it continues to shake things up. Taurus rules money among other things, so expect changes to continue in the banking and monetary sector. Also, Uranus in Taurus can bring breakthroughs in medicine. It can also bring increased storms, volcanoes and earthquakes, literally shaking the earth. Uranus is another one of the generational planets and works to transform the old guard to bring in a new approach where the potential of humanity can be more fully expressed.
The square brings tension between two different ways of operating in the world. The ancient ruler of Aquarius is Saturn, the serious monarch of tradition, restriction, institutions, the aged and responsibility. Uranus is the modern ruler of Aquarius, with an emphasis on the unconventional and all things Aquarius discussed above. Considering the see-saw between these two will give us some idea of what to expect.
|Uranus in Taurus||Saturn in Aquarius|
|Emphasis on home and nature||Emphasis on community, technology & innovation|
|Slower pace, enjoying simple pleasures||Faster, speeding up thought and connections|
|New forms of currency and banking||Traditional money, banking and institutions|
|Inventive approaches to nature, food production and anything physical||Technological inventions that bring structure to large groups of people|
|Innovations in healing||Traditional approach to medicine but with new inventions and integration of mind and energy approaches|
|Earth changes that may be disruptive||Responsible approaches to help those in need|
|Emphasis on the past and changing the old guard||Visionary with sense of duty|
Dates of the conjunctions:
- Feb 17, 2021 – 7 Taurus/Aquarius
- June 14, 2021 – 13 Taurus/Aquarius
- Dec 24, 2021 – 11 Taurus/Aquarius
What’s the verdict on 2020?
Last year, I talked about 2020 for the United States. using mundane astrology, which is astrology of events in the world beyond that of the individual. The overall big expectation was that EVERYTHING would CHANGE. See if you agree with my verdicts below:
Key Takeaways for the U.S. in 2020 – Was it Right?
- People will be focused, determined, driven and will search for the truth and answers to issues – True
- Workers will be dedicated and reliable, especially those in the medical and service fields – True
- Things may stabilize but there will be powerful changes – the world as we knew it before 2020 will be very different once this year is over – True
- Society will be permanently transformed by what is experienced this year – necessary adjustments such as working remotely, more online purchasing, food delivery, telemedicine and others may become the accepted norm in the future – True
- Upheavals and transformation will take place in issues around the elderly, government, religion, medicine, education – really anything that has been institutionalized and around for a long time – True and still unfolding as of December 2, 2020
- Karmic energy calls for a more compassionate approach; People will be very emotional but also concerned with humanitarian acts – True
- Transportation over water and oil will be in the news – True
- The entertainment industry will experience big changes – True
- Expect shakeups of the earth such as earthquakes and volcanoes – May be true, according to the USGS, earthquakes have grown in the past ten years
- There are opportunities for great inspiration and spiritual connection – Yes I believe people have found ways to connect with each other but this has been a year of great isolation for many with significant negative psychological impact
- Coronavirus may be strengthened or another wave may occur – Expect positive breakthroughs in treatments – vaccines are on their way, doctors have found that other measures if used early can prevent disease escalation – true.
- People will be thinking and communicating about issues of health in all media – True
- The nation will struggle with the disease and the truth may never be known about its origin – True, we are still arguing over whether or not this was made in a lab and accidentally or intentionally released or just a natural mutation.
- The President is leading the fight against this disease to bring healing to the homeland – True, along with scientists and other leaders
- The stock market and economy will fluctuate all year and we will be dealing with issues around Social Security, insurance, finances and mortality – True, up and down all year as were the cryptocurrencies.