March 7, 2020 Super Full Moon in Libra at 9:35 PM CST
The Super Full Moon on Tuesday, March 7, 2020 will be very powerful, adding to the monumental energies we have already experienced this year. This will be the largest Super Full Moon of 2020, when the moon will be the closest to the earth of any full moon this year.
Two powerful planets, aggressive Mars paired up with serious and restrictive Saturn are both squaring unstable Uranus. Look for big explosive, restrictive and unexpected events. In addition, the Full Moon squares the very strong Jupiter Pluto conjunction. This lineup of heavy hitter planets together with the biggest Super Full Moon of the year results in big energy and big emotion!
Full Moons are about our emotions and around the world people are feeling anger, grief, despair, confusion, uncertainty and depression; some are hopeless and see no path forward out of their great loss. Thankfully we are now getting a few breaths of Aquarius energy which will lighten our experience, bring hope and more positivity.
The Full Moon in Libra calls for emotional balance, harmony and justice and is exactly opposite the Sun in warlike Aries. There is a push pull between the need to calm the emotions, represented by the Moon, and the desire for courageous action, represented by the Sun.
As mentioned earlier, this Full Moon squares the powerful Jupiter Pluto conjunction, releasing more energy for big and permanent change.
Jupiter and Pluto are conjunct three times this year at about the same location in Capricorn, most recently on April 4 and in the future on June 30 and November 12. Pluto represents the power behind the power, and can result in often painful transformation, and the dredging up of secrets that must be brought out into the light of day. Jupiter brings expansion and the desire for freedom and truth. Jupiter is the Great Benefic, ultimately providing protection against the ruthless but necessary transformation of the Great Malefic, Pluto.
Thankfully both Mars and Saturn are now in humanitarian Aquarius, making us think more about each other and what is best for all. There is a yearning for freedom and justice that comes with Aquarius as well as a desire to build and a vision for the future.
It is important to note that Mars, the Moon and Mercury often act as triggers for world events. With Mars square Uranus we could see aggression and rebellion, especially against any type of tyranny. Uranus always brings the unexpected and in Taurus can continue to shake up the earth as well as the financial world.
The Saturn Jupiter conjunction in January seems to have initiated this tsunami of big change we have been experiencing. Saturn Jupiter conjunctions often herald the falling of kings, especially those that enslave others.
The United States’ Chart and the Super Moon
Using the Sibley Chart for the United States, July 4, 1776 at 5:10 PM in Philadelphia, PA and looking at the transits of the SuperMoon on April 7, there are some interesting aspects to consider:
- Transiting Moon is square natal Sun (the President and the government) and conjunct Natal Saturn (the elderly and conservatism) in Libra in the 10th house – signals that Feelings are high and the President and the elderly want truth, harmony and justice.
- Transiting Mercury (communication and commerce) opposes natal Neptune (socialism and drugs, poisons) in Virgo in the 9th house (foreigners, legal system religious organizations) – communication about the pandemic and foreigners; the truth is obscured
- Transiting Mars conjunct natal South Node in 2nd house & oppose natal North Node in 8th house– karma, something from the past must be released in order to move forward to lead from the heart, economy, social security and finances are being activated
- Transiting Mars (Conflict, initiating energy) and Venus (arts, finances) are trine the Midheaven – positive energy for moving forward and finding peace and harmony
- Transiting Saturn (elderly), Jupiter (Clergy, high courts) and Pluto (nuclear power, terrorism, upheaval of governments, powerful elite) oppose natal Mercury in 8th house of national debt, mortality rates, insurance and social security and conjunct natal Pluto (2nd house) – Issues around the elderly, involving the clergy and high courts and possible terrorist or power behind the power revelations. Secrets must come out. Economy should improve.
- Transiting Uranus is over the 5th house of the stock market and square to North Node (karma) but positive aspects to Venus and Jupiter – stock market will be erratic all year, expect unruly events
It is true that our world is already vastly different than it was just a few months ago. The year has just begun and the changes have just started. We are experiencing the beginning of the Great Awakening with Uranus (ruling Aquarius) shaking things up and snapping us out of our trances. We may feel confused, lost or afraid of the unknown that lies ahead. We are headed into a new way of being and we are now in the midst of the whirlwind of change.
It is important to pull up from the lower emotions and listen to the message of the Libra Full Moon. Find harmony, balance and center yourself during this transformative time. Just as the health care workers, truckers and others who are working hard to keep all of us going, you can do your part to help humanity by raising your consciousness through prayer, meditation and love. Walk in nature, appreciate your loved ones, listen to or create music. Participate in a group meditation or prayer chain – many are available online. Come out of fear into a place of harmony. As you do so, you raise the energy of the whole and provide a sense of calm and comfort for those who are suffering.
Contact me at email@example.com to learn how these aspects and 2020 may unfold for you!